Tuesday 6 September 2011

My friend Hannah told me I should make a blog after I had a semi-(complete) mental breakdown when thinking about what the hell I would do after university. I quite like to read, write, and have opinions on the things others write so I think what I will do is note them down and hope people get bored enough to read them. I cannot stop listening to this today-





Here is a poem I wrote today, because it was summer the other day and now it suddenly is not. I shouldn't explain poems. Nor should I use the word 'suddenly' in writing. NTS.


4th September


It is that singular day
When the silent heat
Is replaced with the slap
Of wet feet on pavement.
This singular day
Makes everything uncanny
I see faces like marble.
A change of season
I want to change my soul
To be just as fluid
As the functional drains.
To be as crisp and concise
Like the snap of the cold leaves
I am Autumn’s phoenix
And I remain optimistic.

No comments:

Post a Comment